Dear School Community,
As a follow-up to our March 1st communication, we are continuing to monitor COVID-19 activity level, which considers variables such as current number of COVID-19 cases, number of hospitalizations, and capacity levels in area hospitals. After discussions with our health professionals and our board of education members, effective Monday, May 2, 2022, New Brunswick Public Schools will make it optional for all students, staff, and visitors to wear masks while indoors. While wearing masks indoors will be optional, please note that it remains strongly encouraged. Schools will continue to have access to a supply of masks, which will be supplied as needed.
All students, staff and visitors shall adhere to the following:
- Masks shall continue to be worn in areas where social distancing cannot be maintained (i.e. cafeteria, auditorium, school bus, etc.).
- Individuals with underlying health conditions should discuss mask-wearing options with their physician before making a decision.
- Social distancing, contact tracing, isolation, quarantining and other COVID-19 related protocols remain in effect.
- All staff and students are to continue to follow the Daily Health Monitoring procedures.
- Staff and students are to remain home when feeling ill.
Should the COVID-19 numbers for the County or district increase, the District may reinstate the mask mandate. We ask that you continue to be vigilant in monitoring your health.
As always, we will continue to update you on any further changes to our protocols.
Dr. Aubrey A. Johnson
Superintendent of Schools