HIB Program Overview
Bullying is always a serious matter. New Brunswick Public Schools values the safety, success, and happiness of all students and prioritizes all bullying concerns.
"Harassment, Intimidation, or Bullying” means any gesture, any written, verbal or physical act or any electronic communication, whether it is a single incident or a series of incidents, that is
- Reasonably perceived as being motivated by either any actual or perceived characteristic, such as race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or a mental, physical or sensory disability; or by any other distinguishing characteristic; and that
- Takes place on school property, at any school-sponsored function, on a school bus, or off school grounds, as provided for in N.J.S.A. 18A:37-15.3, that substantially disrupts or interferes with the orderly operation of the school or the rights of other pupils; and that
- a reasonable person should know under the circumstances will have the effect of physically or emotionally harming a pupil or damaging the pupil’s property, or placing a pupil in reasonable fear of physical or emotional harm to his/her person or damage to his/her property, or
- Has the effect of insulting or demeaning any pupil or group of pupils, or
- Creates a hostile educational environment for the pupil by interfering with a pupil’s education or by severely or pervasively causing physical or emotional harm to the pupil.
School Climate State Coordinator (HIB@doe.nj.gov)
DISTRICT-WIDE ANTI-BULLYING SPECIALIST BY SCHOOL
Lincoln Annex School
Nicole Hart, School Counselor
(732) 745-5300 x 6214 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandra Rivera Burgos, School Social Worker
(732) 745-5300 x 6215 | email@example.com
Kevin DiPane, Dean of Students
(732) 745-5300 x 6208 | Kevin_DiPane@nbpsnj.net
Paul Robeson Community School for the Arts
Roxy Lockhart, School Counselor
732-745-5300 x7253 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy, Social Worker
Please contact the main office 732-745-5300 x 7200
Anti-Bullying Specialists at High Schools
Need to elevate an issue?
If your serious matter requires additional help, our district's Anti-Bullying Coordinator can provide elevated attention beyond your school Anti-Bullying Specialist that you have contacted first.