The mission of the New Brunswick High School Counseling Department is to provide a proactive, comprehensive, and developmentally appropriate program to address students' academic and career goals in addition to supporting their personal and social needs. This is accomplished through a partnership with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to enable all students to become successful, productive citizens and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing world.
The New Brunswick High School Counseling Department will empower all students to reach their maximum potential by using a comprehensive program that addresses academic, personal/social, and career goals. We will promote an environment to encourage personal inquiry and growth, social responsibility, and academic excellence. School counselors believe that every student can succeed through the collaborative efforts of school, home, and community leading to responsible and productive citizenship in the 21st century.
Supporting student success in a diverse and changing world.
All school counselors at New Brunswick High School believe:
- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Every student can succeed.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
- The diverse needs of all students must be addressed through the school counseling program.
- Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve optimum benefits from the educational program.
- A comprehensive, developmental school counseling program is not a support service but an integral part of the total education program.
- A developmentally appropriate school counseling program provides important benefits to individual students by addressing their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and psychological needs.
- Rafael Castillo
- Sharon Dills
- Simone Goldberg
- Nate Harris
- Kawanna Jenkins
- Parker Kaminsky
- Derek Peters
- Marisol Robles
- Christina Sciancalepore
- Karen Selby
- Karen Simmons
- Elaine Tayler