COVID-19 Vaccine Procedures for Educators & Support Staff
We are pleased to share that the COVID-19 Vaccine is now being offered via local Rite Aid, CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, Stop & Shop, and other locations for Pre-K-12 educators, support staff and childcare workers in licensed registered settings. The following steps will assist with vaccination scheduling:
Step 1: Pre-register on the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System website (Link: NJVSS)
Step 3: Vaccine Finder
Step 4: Once you have scheduled a vaccination appointment, notify your school nurse and request substitute coverage for either a half or full sick day if vaccination is during work hours.
Who can get vaccinated?
- Teachers and staff in Pre K-12 schools, Administration staff, Counselors, Classroom aides
- Bus drivers, Janitors, Cafeteria workers, Substitute teachers
- Childcare centers,Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- Licensed childcare providers, including center-based and family care providers
As always, we will continue to follow guidance from our local and state agencies and monitor current safety conditions. As more information and vaccination locations become available, we will post on our NBPS district website.
Be safe, wear your mask, and practice social distancing.
- COVID-19 Vaccines for COVID-19 Vaccines for Teachers, School Staff, and Childcare Workers
- NJ COVID-19 vaccine page
- Middlesex County COVID-19 vaccine information
- Middlesex County COVID-19 testing information
- City of New Brunswick eligibility and appointment information
- Walgreens Vaccination Locations