We want to thank you for the support you have provided during these uncertain times. During school closures, we strived to provide your child with a virtual education that supported their personal growth. As we look ahead to the upcoming school year, we must make some important decisions on what schooling may look like. The health and safety of our students are of the utmost importance as well as providing a high-quality education for all our students. We have started the planning process for the 2020-2021 school year and your input is essential.
We ask that you complete this brief survey that will assist us in the planning process.
Queremos agradecerle por el apoyo que nos han brindado durante estos tiempos inciertos. Durante el cierre de las escuelas, nos esforzamos por brindarle a su hijos una educación virtual que apoyara su crecimiento personal. Debemos tomar algunas decisiones importantes sobre cómo podría ser la enseñanza el próximo año escolar. La salud y la seguridad de nuestros estudiantes son de suma importancia, además de proporcionar una educación de alta calidad para todos nuestros estudiantes. Hemos comenzado el proceso de planificación para el año escolar 2020-2021 y su aporte es esencial.
Le pedimos que complete esta breve encuesta que nos ayudará en el proceso de planificación.
2020 NBHS SPECTRUM
The Spectrum is New Brunswick High School's annual literary publication.
Special thanks to Spectrum advisors Mr. Thornburg and Ms. Maldonado for their hard work and dedication to this year's edition as well as the student editors.
Prepare. Empower. Inspire.
Dear Students, Parents, and Staff:
Our commitment at New Brunswick High School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will Prepare, Empower, and Inspire our students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and lifelong learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining high levels of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of New Brunswick School students. It is the contribution of our students to our school community that makes NBHS an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful experience.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we have developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real-life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning by students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first-century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems;
- Pose questions, examine possibilities and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness;
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.
If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Know that I am here to serve you. I can be reached at email@example.com.
Mr. Ken Redler
Mr. Ken Redler
Mr. Steven Suznovich
Vice Principal – Grade 12
Dr. Carl Bampoe-Parry
Vice Principal – Grade 11
Ms. Christine Damasceno
Vice Principal – Grade 10
Ms. Alba Lugo
Vice Principal – Grade 9
Mr. Nicholas Koman
Dean of Students