First Lego(Robotics Club)Students are introduced to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society. Team members learn life skills, such as respect for others, appreciation of different perspectives, cooperation, perseverance and time management. As a result of the FLL experience, participants gain confidence, discover new skills and interests, and shape their futures—as they, in turn, shape ours.
Middle-school students get to:
- Design, build and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations