Substitute Teaching at NBPS
- Applicants holding lifetime New Jersey instructional certificates may substitute without applying for a Substitute certificate. This also applies to applicants holding Certificates of Eligibility with Advanced Standing and Certificates of Eligibility. Apply today! Click here → NBPS Substitute Application
- Apply for a Substitute Certificate through the State of New Jersey Dept. of Education. Apply today! Click here → A Guide for Applicants: How to Apply for a Substitute Credential or CTE Substitute Credential
- Substitute Certification - minimum of 30 semester hours of college credits are required. See more information here → Substitute Teacher Credential Pathway
- Substitute as a School Nurse - New Jersey Substitute School Nurse Certificate, a copy of an RN license, and CPR certificate are required.
Long Term Substituting
You may not be considered for a long term substitute position if you only hold a county sub-certificate. A Long Term Substitute must hold a teaching certificate in the subject area of the classroom. A separate district application must be completed. The principal of the school reviews the applicant pool to identify candidates of interest and will follow up with you accordingly.
Visit our Substitute Virtual Instruction Resources page to get access to important information to help you through a day at New Brunswick Public Schools. You can find a checklist of information to assist with accepting a job, training on Google Classroom and other resources you may need throughout the day.
- Full day - $150.00 per day
- Half day - $75.00
- Long Term Substitute (Certified Teaching Certificate in subject area of class Required) - $175.00 per day
- Substitute Nurse rate - $200.00 per day