Substitute Teaching at NBPS
- Applicants holding lifetime New Jersey instructional certificates may substitute without applying for a Substitute certificate. This also applies to applicants holding Certificates of Eligibility with Advanced Standing and Certificates of Eligibility. Apply today! Click here → NBPS Substitute Application
- Apply for a Substitute Certificate through the State of New Jersey Dept. of Education. Apply today! Click here → A Guide for Applicants: How to Apply for a Substitute Credential or CTE Substitute Credential
- Substitute Certification - minimum of 30 semester hours of college credits are required. See more information here → Substitute Teacher Credential Pathway
- Substitute as a School Nurse - New Jersey Substitute School Nurse Certificate, a copy of an RN license, and CPR certificate are required.
Long Term Substituting
You may not be considered for a long term substitute position if you only hold a county sub-certificate. A Long Term Substitute must hold a teaching certificate in the subject area of the classroom. A separate district application must be completed. The principal of the school reviews the applicant pool to identify candidates of interest and will follow up with you accordingly.
- Full day - $150.00 per day
- Half day - $75.00
- Long Term Substitute (Certified Teaching Certificate in subject area of class Required) - $175.00 per day
- Substitute Nurse rate - $200.00 per day