Substitute Teaching at NBPS
- Applicants holding lifetime New Jersey instructional certificates may substitute without applying for a Substitute certificate. This also applies to applicants holding Certificates of Eligibility with Advanced Standing and Certificates of Eligibility.
- Applying for a Substitute Certificate through New Brunswick Public Schools will NOT guarantee you will be hired as a substitute teacher within our school system. There is a separate application process for substitute teaching within the New Brunswick Public Schools which can be located at www.nbpschools.net/subpacket.
- The Substitute Packet includes the Instructions for substitute certification. Follow the steps and contact Yosmery Mora for an appointment.
- Substitute Certification - 60 semester hours of college credits are required.
- Substitute as a School Nurse - a copy of an RN license is required
Long Term Substituting
You may not be considered for a long term substitute position if you only have a county sub-certificate. A Long Term Substitute must hold a teaching certificate in the subject area of the classroom. A separate district application must be completed. The principal of the school reviews the applicant pool to identify candidates of interest and will follow up with you accordingly.
Visit our Substitute Virtual Instruction Resources page to get access to important information to help you through a day at New Brunswick Public Schools. You can find a checklist of information to assist with accepting a job, training on Google Classroom and other resources you may need throughout the day.
- Full day - $100.00 per day
- Half day - $50.00
- Substitute Nurse rate - $125.00 per day
- Long Term Substitute - $127.00 per day