Substitute Teaching at New Brunswick Public Schools
- Applicants holding lifetime New Jersey instructional certificates may substitute without applying for a Substitute certificate. This also applies to applicants holding Certificates of Eligibility with Advanced Standing and Certificates of Eligibility.
- Applying for a Substitute Certificate through New Brunswick Public Schools will NOT guarantee you will be hired as a substitute teacher within our school system. There is a separate application process for substitute teaching within the New Brunswick Public Schools which can be located at (insert new website link here).
- The Substitute Packet (attached) includes the Instructions for substitute certification. Follow the steps and contact Yosmery Mora for an appointment.
- Substitute Certification - 60 semester hours of college credits are required.
- Substitute as a School Nurse - a copy of a RN license is required
Long Term Substituting: You may not be considered for a long term substitute position if you only have a county sub-certificate. A Long Term Substitute must hold a teaching certificate in the subject area of the classroom. A separate district application must be completed. The principal of the school reviews the applicant pool to identify candidates of interest and will follow up with you accordingly.
- Full day - $100.00 per day
- Half day - $50.00
- Substitute Nurse rate - $125.00 per day
- Long Term Substitute - $127.00 per day