Parents are encouraged to provide a safe environment for students to use their Chromebooks at home for school assignments.
Parents/Guardians are also encouraged to:
Set rules for student use at home.
Allow use in common areas of the home where student use can easily be monitored.
Demonstrate a genuine interest in student’s use of device.
Reinforce the idea that the device is a productivity tool to support learning, rather than used as a form of entertainment.
Become familiar with internet safety resources and visit our district Parent Corner below.
1. Respect Yourself: I will show respect for myself through my actions. I will use caution with the information, images, and other media that I post online. I will carefully consider any personal information about my life, experiences, or relationships I post. I will not be obscene. I will act with integrity.
2. Protect Yourself: I will ensure that the information, images, and materials I post online will not put me at risk. I will not publish my personal details, contact details, or a schedule or location of my activities. I will report any attacks or inappropriate behavior directed at me while online. I will protect passwords, accounts, and resources.
3. Respect Others: I will show respect to others. I will not use electronic mediums to antagonize, bully, harass, or stalk people. I will show respect for other people in my choice of websites: I will not visit sites that are degrading to others, racist, or inappropriate. I will not enter other people's private spaces or areas.
4. Protect Others: I will protect others by reporting abuse and not forwarding inappropriate materials or communications. I will avoid unacceptable materials and conversations.
5. Respect Intellectual Property: I will request permission to use copyrighted or otherwise protected materials. I will suitably cite all use of websites, books, media, etc. I will acknowledge all primary sources. I will validate information. I will use and abide by the fair use rules.
6. Protect Intellectual Property: I will request to use the software and media others produce. I will purchase, license, and register all software or use available free and open source alternatives rather than pirating software. I will purchase my music and media and refrain from distributing these in a manner that violates their licenses.